Thursday, September 8, 2016

Hello!
Welcome to my blog!  I am currently a Junior at Potomac Falls High School, in Sterling, VA.  I am writing this blog for my American History project as part of Loudoun County's One to the World initiative.  Out of the 6 themes we can choose from, I have decided to chose the theme of Immigration.  Immigration is seen everywhere now, and in the past.  It is currently a huge topic in the current presidential race between Trump and Hilary.  This theme interests me because of how much we see it being discussed today and in the past.  Our beautiful country is so diverse and unique because of immigration.  Most of the people that live in the United States are here now because of immigration.  Immigration is and will always be a big discussion worthy topic. I am excited to talk about immigration throughout my blogs and the importance of it.  I have a neutral viewpoint on it as of now but as I search deeper into the topic I look forward to defending one side or another. The following link provides information and gives us statistics on where most people stand on immigration today.  Like  me, it is very even as most people do not have a permanent viewpoint. Trump and Hilary both have huge different viewpoints, neither are perfect, neither are the answer.  These viewpoints continue to develop and I look forward to comparing these viewpoints to the ones from the past.     


Drew Weidman 
    

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the start of your blog! Looking forward to whats your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your views on immigration? What do you believe is the solution to compromise and making everybody happy? What are Trump and Hilary's view and how do they differ? Whose do you agree with more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. whos view do you agree with more trump or hillary?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading how you started your blog!

    ReplyDelete